Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Back Home

Well, the team made it back safely on Sunday evening, returning to the 100-degree heat and 500-foot altitude after spending more than a week at 6,000-feet and 65 degrees. Rough return. The group is worn out, I'm sure, but have returned with big smiles and a million wonderful stories to tell. Just yesterday I sat at the feet of Randy Shuffield and listened to a few of them as he described some of the ways God blessed their time in Guatemala. Very cool. On Sunday, August 29th, I hope to have a video put together of their trip to show everyone in the service and immediately after. I'm not sure if the team members have any plans to post pictures, tell stories, etc. after they recover their strength but I'll keep this blog open for a while longer.

— John Newton
CBC Communications

2 comments:

Brandon and Jenny said...

We were so blessed to share that time with them. We hope they are recovered and bearing the heat. They were such an incredible help. We miss them very much! One correction - they were closer to 8,000 ft. :)

haitimom said...

Thank you for sharing this experience. Might be that I have a special interest in this mission trip. I know our son and Jenny thoroughly enjoyed every minute you were there. Glad they took such good care of you'll. Thank you for your ministry.